Bes

here's for my four-leaf clover bestfriend. (sorry taglish)
                           
She won the title Mutya ng
San Vicente. She used to join fashion
shows and beauty pageant.
We started as seatmates. It was the first day of school. You confidently sat beside me in the front row, and I was kind of wondering why you were in 3rd year St. Augustine class. I was about to ask, “ excuse me, are you sure you should be here?” Sorry bes, I was actually expecting that you’d be in the second section, St. Benedict. Call me proud and discriminating but that was what I really thought.I was like, “ seriously, magkatabi tayo?” 


 BEHAVE STUDENTS:  (left- right) Yours truly, Kristy, 
Science Coach- Mrs. Jumamoy and School Head- Mrs. Suelto


Well, I knew your reputation in the campus and I know you knew mine too. I belonged to what you call “weirdo” club composed of self- proclaimed cerebral students, righteous bastards, teacher’s favorite, and pretentiously behave kids and you were with what I call high maintenance, delinquent, rowdy, attention seekers and conceited girls. My group hated your group in the same way that you hated mine too. So, the chance of being friends was very unlikely though we were civil with each other. But, thanks to your extraordinary confidence, humingi ka kaagad ng papel. Nahiya naman ako, hindi pa nga tayo close. You joined me on my lunch break which raised the eyebrows of my default “girlfriends”. Or so I thought.


So, that’s when the friendship started. From seatmates/lunchmates to cheat mates. Ayus! may supplier ka na ng papel, may source ka pa ng answer. Hehehe. Pero, I admit, give- and- take naman tayo diba?Dahil magaling ka sa memorization, so sayo  ang enumeration, saken ang essay, modified true or false and multiple choice. Needless to confess the “kodigo” we made. You know, the works. Lol. Tapos, if the exam requires us to draw a diagram or illustration, kinakalabit moko. I just want to let you know na hindi ka pa nagbabayad sa mga pinadrawing mo. 30 pesos kada stroke yun. : P. Aside from that, we became partners in crime. For example, we listed all the mispronunciations and grammar lapses of our teachers and came up with a dictionary. We haven't published it yet, have we? And when there’s someone reporting in front of the class, we tried to formulate hard and unfathomable questions. Para "nga- nga" sila at para may points tayo sa recitation. Epal tayo eh. I dare say we were also mathematically challenged. Our most dreaded question? – FIND THE SOLUTION. urghhh! Then, after we found the value of x (found means we didn’t solve it, you got it from the match whiz named Lord), the next dilemma comes in, SHOW YOUR SOLUTION. Patay!


Kulitan time!!!!!!!!
Pero di bale ng we can’t find the solution, basta we've found a friend in each other. Yeeey, ang corny ko. Seriously bes, I never thought that our friendship is going to last five years. Sa totoo lang, hindi ko feel, presence mo dati. I hoped that you would keep on cutting classes so I could have the luxury of silence and meditation. Chos! I mean, so I could get rid of that moment when I cringed because of utter annoyance everytime you keep on applying lip gloss and make up and checking yourself in the mirror. Alam mong manang ako at hindi ako nagsusuklay so what made you think I’ll be interested about makeup and stuff? Good thing, I got used to it. I saw a thing in you that’s very interesting and is beyond what meets the eye- Fighting spirit. I didn’t have such thing. I was very self- conscious and insecure. You’re not. And I envy that.

Yan talaga ang reason why I just let things be and agreed with you when you brought up the suggestion of having “tawagan”. They (you know who they are bes) asked me, why you of all the people, and why I suddenly just made friends with you na kakakilala ko lang. You know high school drama. My apology, bulag talaga ako when it comes to friendship. T’was just a wasted effort on their part for I just turned a deaf ear.

"There was one time, naglaslas ka…
nakiuso ka kasi sa mga emo."
So we made memories after another. You know what the best part is?  You’ve unfolded that “kalog” in me.  We shared silly and illegal moments like ditching the school bayanihan (which I was supposed to lead) to spend your birthday. Naalala mo ba yung naputol yung sandals mo tapos kelangan nating huminto sa waiting shed and plotted to hitch a ride. And we were successful, thanks to your charm. I didn’t have to do a thing to convince the driver. There was one time, naglaslas ka…nakiuso ka kasi sa mga emo. Ayun, nung ni raid ni Kapitan ang school natin asking for SSG’s cooperation looking for students with cut on their wrists. Uh oh, I was, like, torn between the authority and you. Buti na lang hindi ka nahuli. Alam na!

Ah! Who would forget that moment we shared on stage during the Division press conference talent show. We sang Total Eclipse of the Heart and we imitated the characters on the show kokey. I played Rufa g’s role and you played eugene’s. We pulled it off and made the audience laugh. That was the funniest thing we ever did. You always laugh at me because I always forget things and you kept on making fun of me so I got back at you by making fun of you too. Then, we ended up making fun of ourselves. And there was a seemingly endless laughter.


A scene in the talent show contest

Ping and neneng.

By the way, do you remember Benralph Yu? I was hurt when you said he was gay. It was as if, you just sucked the happiness out of me. He was my ultimate crush- admiration to a fault. I did all the research about his biography, kept all his write ups and printed out all his pictures online.pathetic right? And you just gave me that insulting laugh. Urghhh…nakakainis ka sa part na yun!

Lady in vest!!!


We had a very worst cold war months before graduation. Ang pinaka ayaw ko sa lahat yung, iniiwan ako sa ere. Chos. I hate when someone leaves me evaluating myself and reviewing the things I might have done wrong. I didn’t budge anyway. I said, bahala ka! I can always mirror you. And you did the most remarkable thing when you approached me at the backstage and said sorry. And then business as usual na ulet. Yes!

She bagged a journalism award for being a feature writer
and Division Press Conference winner for 4 consecutive years
in the field of Feature writing. 

Personal priorities, studies, career, and distance separated us yet nothing changed. We are still the same childish best-friends sa tuwing nagkikita tayo.

This kaleidoscope of experiences made me know you better. I understood things such as... you’ve been longing for that fatherly affection. You haven’t seen him in a very long time. Nung nagkita kayo, It was like you were talking to an acquaintant. You’ve been through a lot yet you still manage to hold your head high and wear that i-don’t care-what- u-think-of-me smile.

Seriously? 
pero binawi mo naman dito..

When it comes to diet, we are like Cave men
or construction workers. While I got frustrated with
my unstable weight, she remained very thin and sexy.
What else am I missing?

I understood that you aren’t just any other girl, you are a woman of substance hiding in mini-skirt and skimpy shorts. Principled. Intelligent. Strong. I discovered that you are a profound feature writer. We were already under the same office roof in the school publication but I never thought you can easily come up with a topic and submit it within an hour. And you write with swag without being unassuming. I was wondering why other people except from our coach, didn't realize it.


It was because of you and the countless others that I discovered in myself the gift of reading and understanding people. I always get close and attached to people who are my exact opposite and most of the time people that are misjudged. You made me realize there’s really no bad apple.

Campus crushes
I’d like to let the world know that hey! Here’s Remwill Jean Vinter, hailed from Negros, beauty queen, writer, singer and beautician at large (convict?hehehe). She was, is, will be my best friend forever.





Yin and Yang 


I realize that birds of different feather can also flock together. Proof to that? Tayo.  We have a lot of differences yet we don't care.


PS. I have to tell you the truth that I committed a grave sin to you- a sin that will put your dream of submitting a manuscript to Precious Hearts Romance on hold. I totally lost the Manuscript you wrote and spent so much time with. I can’t find it in my closet anymore. I’ve turned the house upside down the last time I went home. I can’t find any excuse anymore. Sorry bes. I’m really very sorry.                                                                                           

PPS. Thanks for dealing with my flaws. There's more to come.: P 


at gaya ng demand mo na iexpose ko na to. Well, here it is.Cropped version nga lang.at pinaitim ako jan. Just a sneak peek yah know! My fierce and sexy side.tsaran!!

kala mo kaw lang marunong.: P





















Comments

Popular Posts